“We can do a lot… if we all do a little!”
St. Marys and area citizens regularly do more than just the “little” that the CKNX Healthcare for Heroes radiothon tagline suggests. This year is no different; I am pleased to announce that our community came together and raised over $26,000 on Saturday, Oct. 19 for the St. Marys Memorial Hospital Foundation.
Perhaps you stopped by for breakfast or lunch; perhaps you paid to pie one of our Town Council candidates; perhaps you dropped off a donation or made one online. All of these seemingly small gestures add up to a big helping hand for our foundation and hospital.
This year, your contribution will help pay for the new digital x-ray machine, which has improved care for patients and made diagnostics more efficient for our healthcare staff.
Radiothon day is run by the volunteer board members of the St. Marys Memorial Hospital Foundation, and wouldn’t be possible without the generosity and help of many in our community. I would like to extend a sincere thank-you to the following for their support:
• Forman Electric, for raising our banner on Queen Street
• Chris Larmer, for constructing the pie-throwing board
• Scott Graham, for the eggs
• Ashley Holliday, for the Pillers’ bacon and sausages
• Rick Hogg, for the sausage buns
• Gord Robson and Grantham Dairy for the milk and whipped cream
• The St. James Masonic Lodge, for the children’s games
• The students of the World’s Coolest Music Store, for their performances
• Barista’s, for the coffee
I would also like to especially thank the physicians, nurses and other staff at the hospital and Wellness Centre who helped cook and serve breakfast and lunch, as well as our board members for their time and effort.
President, St. Marys Memorial Hospital Foundation