The Town of St. Marys announced today the planned disruptions for traffic and parking in the downtown core as a result of the filming of scenes for two upcoming episodes of the CBC television series Murdoch Mysteries. Cast and crew from the show will be filming in the Stonetown on Tuesday, Oct. 28; some disruptions will also occur on Monday, Oct. 27, as preparations are underway for the next day of filming.
On its website (www.townofstmarys.com) today, the Town advised that four parking spaces on the north side of Queen Street, just east of Wellington (in front of RBC Royal Bank and the Andrews Building — inside which some of the filming will take place) will be closed for use all day Monday.
On Tuesday, Oct. 28, the planned closures are as follows:
• the closure of Church Street (including parking) from Queen Street to Station Street from 7 a.m. to noon.
• the closure of Queen Street (including parking) from Church Street to Wellington Street from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Parking spaces to be blocked off in the early morning to ensure spaces are not taken prior to road closure.
• some parking spaces will still be blocked off (outside the Andrews building, four spots on both sides of the street) after the road is opened at 4 p.m.
• the Intersection of Queen Street and Church Street will remain open while these streets are closed, but with periodic traffic stoppages (maximum three minutes) occurring and controlled by the OPP.
• temporary traffic disruptions on Queen Street from Church Street to Wellington Street from 4-8:30 p.m. Roads will be open, but intermittent stoppages (maximum three minutes) will occur and be controlled by the OPP.