Throughout April, volunteers in Perth and Huron counties will be working together to raise funds for the Canadian Cancer Society during Daffodil Month.
According to the Cancer Society, every three minutes another Canadian is faced with fighting cancer.
“We’ve reached a tipping point and now, more than ever, we need Canadians’ support,” says Sandra Morris, volunteer engagement coordinator for the Huron-Perth office of the Cancer Society.
“Every donation made during our April Daffodil campaign will bring us one step closer to preventing cancer, detecting it earlier, improving treatments and helping Canadians live longer, healthier lives.”
Here is how you can support Canadians living with cancer this April:
• Buy and wear a daffodil pin throughout April.
• Donate online at cancer.ca.
• Attend a Daffodil month event in your community.
• Donate when a volunteer canvasser knocks on your door.
• Participate in a society fundraising event in your community.
• Sign up to participate in a Relay For Life event in your community or sponsor a Relay participant.
Money raised during Daffodil Month helps the Canadian Cancer Society fund cancer research, provide information and deliver programs and services to prevent cancer and to support people living with cancer and their families and caregivers right here locally; advocate on behalf of Canadians on important health and cancer issues.
Visit cancer.ca or call 519-271-4270 for more information about Daffodil Month, where to buy your daffodil pin or to volunteer just two hours of your time.